Spicy prawn and quinoa lettuce wraps
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
$5.65 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free reduced-salt tamari
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 400g large peeled cooked prawns, deveined
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Rinse quinoa well then place into a large saucepan with 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 12–15 minutes, or until all the water has evaporated. Transfer into a large mixing bowl, set aside to cool.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place snow peas in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 30 seconds. Refresh peas under cold running water, then drain well.
Step 3 Place cooled quinoa, snow peas, carrot, coriander, peanuts and chilli into a large bowl. Place lemon juice, tamari and sugar in a small bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar. Add to quinoa and toss to combine.
Step 4 Divide quinoa between lettuce cups. Top each with some prawns and extra coriander leaves. Serve immediately.
Replace prawns with cooked chicken or pork pieces if you prefer.
About this recipe
First published: February 2013