Brown rice and shredded chicken salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.50 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, sliced
- 400g skinless cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook rice according to packet instructions. Set aside to cool.
Step 2 Blanch sugar snap and snow peas in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender-crisp. Refresh under cold running water, then drain well.
Step 3 Place rice, blanched peas, chicken and baby spinach into a large bowl. Whisk together soy, mirin, balsamic and sesame oil. Add to salad and gently toss to combine. Serve garnished with sesame seeds.
You can use skinless barbecue or leftover roast chicken. Replace brown rice with quinoa or couscous.
About this recipe
First published: February 2013