Full ingredients list:
- 2 cups no-added-salt sweet corn kernels
- 4 cups baby cos lettuce, torn into small chunks
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, each cut into eight wedges
- 4 wholegrain tortillas
- 2 teaspoons Mexican spice mix
- 400g can black beans or no-added-salt kidney beans
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place sweet corn, lettuce and tomato wedges in a large bowl; mix gently to combine.
Step 2 Spray tortillas with olive oil, then sprinkle with Mexican spice mix. Cut tortillas into triangles, place on prepared tray and bake for 8 minutes, or until crunchy, turning chips twice with tongs. Add chips to bowl of salad and mix carefully. Divide taco salad among four plates.
Step 3 Heat beans in a saucepan set over medium heat until warm. Spoon beans onto salad, top with sour cream and serve.
About this recipe
First published: December 2013