Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins (Hands-on time: 30 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins), plus 1 hr marinating
$6.36 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander, plus extra, to serve
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 600g skinless salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups hot cooked quinoa, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine parsley, coriander, garlic, chilli, cumin seeds and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add salmon, turn to coat, then cover and place in fridge for 1 hour.
Step 2 Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and carrot and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add tomatoes and Ω cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until carrot is cooked.
Step 3 Stir through cannellini beans. Place salmon on top of mixture.
Step 4 Cover again and cook for 10 minutes or until salmon is just cooked. Flake salmon with a fork. Sprinkle with extra coriander and serve with quinoa and lemon wedges.
- You can cook the quinoa in a rice cooker. Using 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water will make 3 cups quinoa, so you’ll have extra for lunch!
- This meal can also be cooked for 6-10 hours in a slow-cooker.
About this recipe
First published: August 2013