Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 200ml skim milk
- cooking oil spray
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Sift flour into a bowl. Add eggs, milk and 100ml cold water and whisk until smooth.
Step 2 Spray a non-stick frying pan with a little oil and place over medium heat. Add 4-5 tablespoons of batter and swirl around pan to coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until golden. Flip or turn crepe over. Cook for another minute, until golden.
Step 3 Transfer to a plate, cover with a thick tea towel to keep warm, then repeat to make seven more crepes.
- Try lemon curd crepes. Spread each crepe with a teaspoon of lemon curd and serve with fresh or frozen berries.
- Make banana breakfast crepes. Top crepes with sliced banana and serve with a drizzle of honey and a dollop of low-fat yoghurt.
- Try tropical crepes. Top with fresh tropical fruit like pineapple and passionfruit and serve with light coconut milk and mango-flavoured frozen yoghurt.
- Go savoury! Fill your crepes with capsicum, rocket, sauteed mushroom and grated parmesan. Fold in half and place under grill or in a frying pan for a minute to melt cheese.
- Add figs! Serve your crepes with light ricotta, fresh figs and a drizzle of honey.
- These crepes will keep, covered in the fridge, for up to three days. Or layer each one between baking paper, wrap the pile in cling-wrap and freeze for up to three months. To use, defrost, then reheat individually in the microwave for about 10 seconds each.
- Try using this basic crepe recipe as a base to make Apple and blackberry crepes.
About this recipe
First published: August 2013