Full ingredients list:
- 125g rice vermicelli noodles
- 150g bean sprouts
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chopped salad vegetables (such as carrots, spring onion, red capsicums, tomatoes, cucumber)
- 2 baby cos lettuces, leaves separated, roughly torn
- cooking oil spray
- 500g lean pork mince
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- fresh coriander, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place noodles and bean sprouts into a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again and return to bowl.
Step 2 Mix lime zest and juice, soy sauce and sugar together then add to noodles and sprouts. Toss to coat evenly. Add red onion, salad vegetables and lettuce.
Step 3 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Stir-fry pork mince until evenly browned. Add grated ginger, garlic and chilli powder and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7–8 minutes. Mix into the noodles.
Step 4 Serve salad topped with fresh coriander and extra lime wedges.
About this recipe
First published: April 2013