Broccoli, lentil and mushroom salad
Please log in to save or rate.
4 (as a side)
Time to make:
$2.75 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 head broccoli, florets only
- 300g new potatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons mixed peppercorns, crushed
- 400g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 cup rocket
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place broccoli and potato in a microwave-proof dish; steam until tender. Transfer steamed vegetables to a salad bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
Step 2 Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and peppercorn to make dressing. Add remaining vegies and greens to salad bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss well to combine.
Step 3 Serve salad, warm or chilled, with each chicken dish.
About this recipe
First published: December 2013