Sweet potato with bean ratatouille
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$7.24 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 cups chopped button mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat table spread
- 2 x 425g cans Mexican beans
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- 4 cups mesclun salad with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Prick sweet potato with a fork. Place into a microwave-proof dish and cook in microwave on full power for 15–20 minutes, until cooked.
Step 2 To make ratatouille, place mushrooms and zucchini into a microwave-proof bowl. Add table spread, cover and cook for 2–3 minutes.
Step 3 Add beans and tomatoes to mushroom mix. Stir well and microwave for 2 more minutes until heated through.
Step 4 Spoon ratatouille on top of each sweet potato, sprinkle with cheese and serve with salad.
If you’re not keen on Mexican beans, replace with kidney beans and add a few pine nuts, for a nuttier flavour.
About this recipe
First published: September 2012