Tandoori fish with cucumber salsa and steamed greens
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins), plus 2-3 hrs marinating
$4.25 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus 2 teaspoons extra
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets (try John dory)
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, trimmed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups steamed greens, to serve
- 3 cups steamed basmati rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice and spices into a large, shallow non-metallic bowl and stir to combine. Add fish fillets and stir to coat. Cover and set aside in the fridge to marinate for 2–3 hours.
Step 2 Preheat oven to 180°C. Drain the fish of excess marinade and place onto a wire rack over a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
Step 3 Meanwhile, to make the cucumber salsa, roughly peel the cucumbers, halve, deseed and finely dice. Combine cucumber, chilli, onion and extra lemon juice. To serve, divide fish between four serving plates and top with some cucumber salsa. Serve with steamed greens and basmati rice.
About this recipe
First published: October 2012