Soy maple beef on rice
Please log in to save or rate.
6 (4 dinners + 2 lunches)
Time to make:
20 mins, plus 20 mins marinating
$5.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 700g beef rump steak, excess fat removed, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed fresh ginger
- cooking oil spray
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 2 cups chopped button mushrooms
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 In a medium-sized bowl mix beef, maple syrup, soy sauce and ginger until combined. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
Step 2 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Stir-fry beef with half of the soy marinade for 2 minutes until browned. Add vegetables and stir-fry for another 3–4 minutes, or until beef is cooked to your liking and vegies are tender-crisp.
Step 3 Serve with rice.
Note: Nutrition information, time to make and costings apply to main dinner recipe only.
Leftovers to lunch: Soy maple beef and rice salad
2 tablespoons unsalted cashew nuts
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 serves leftover Soy maple beef on rice
Add cashews and parsley to beef and rice. Toss to combine. Serve hot (heat in microwave for 2–3 minutes) or cold.
- Dairy free, diabetes friendly, high protein, high fibre, high iron
- 2034kJ/487cal, 39.8g protein, 17.2g total fat, 4.2g sat fat, 38.4g carbs, 13.7g sugars, 9.7g fibre, 574mg sodium, 80mg calcium, 6.9mg iron
About this recipe
First published: October 2012