Parmesan-crusted fish and chips
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.44 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 600g large potatoes, unpeeled, cut into wedges
- cooking oil spray
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 600g white fish fillets, cut into 2-cm thick strips
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 cups mixed green salad (we used rocket, baby spinach, tomatoes and Lebanese cucumber)
- lemon wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add potato wedges. Cook until just tender. Arrange wedges on one tray and spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
Step 2 Meanwhile, lightly beat egg in a shallow bowl. Place parmesan and breadcrumbs onto a plate. Dip each piece of fish into egg, then breadcrumbs. Place onto remaining tray. Spray with oil and bake for 10 minutes, or until fish is golden and cooked through.
Step 3 Pour balsamic over salad and serve with fish, potato wedges and lemon wedges.
What we did
- Baked fish and wedges instead of frying to reduce fat and kilojoule content
- Reduced salt
- Added salad to increase vegie serves and fibreOur version per serve H4
Our version (per serve)
Total fat 8.5g
Sat fat 2.8g
Original version (per serve)
Total fat 40.1g
Sat fat 16.5g
Panko breadcrumbs are Japanese-style breadcrumbs and are found in the Asian section of the supermarket.
About this recipe
First published: October 2012