Harissa turkey meatballs with pasta and ratatouille sauce
Please log in to save or rate.
6 (4 dinners + 2 lunches)
Time to make:
$4.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 600g turkey mince
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- cooking oil spray
- 1/2 eggplant, roughly chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with garlic and herbs
- 3 cups frozen peas
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 350g wholemeal penne pasta
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 In a medium bowl combine turkey mince, onion, parsley and harissa. Mix well and shape into 24 small balls.
Step 2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and capsicum. Stir-fry until softened then add tomatoes, peas and broccoli. Simmer for 5–10 minutes until cooked.
Step 3 Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain, then set aside.
Step 4 Spray another large non-stick frying pan with oil, place over medium-high heat and add meatballs. Cook for 5–6 minutes, browning on all sides, until completely cooked through. Serve pasta topped with sauce and 4 meatballs per person.
Note: Nutrition information, time to make and costings apply to main dinner recipe only.
Leftovers to lunch: Meatball pasta salad
2 cups rocket
2 teaspoons basil pesto
2 serves leftover Harissa turkey meatballs with pasta and ratatouille sauce
Add rocket and pesto to pasta and mix well. Top with leftover sauce and meatballs.
- Dairy free, diabetes friendly, high protein, high fibre, low sodium, high iron
- 2082kJ/498cal, 34.7g protein, 13.3g total fat, 2.7g sat fat, 50.1g carbs, 8.8g sugars, 15.5g fibre, 226mg sodium, 206mg calcium, 6.0mg iron
About this recipe
First published: October 2012