Chicken and tofu pad Thai
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.53 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 200g rice stick noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari (see tip)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- cooking oil spray
- 250g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 200g firm tofu, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large carrot, halved, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 150g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm-lengths
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted unsalted peanuts, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Prepare rice noodles as per packet instructions. Set aside. Mix lime juice, tamari and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Set aside.
Step 2 Place a large wok over high heat and spray with oil. Cook chicken and then tofu, in batches, for 2–3 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove and set aside. Return wok to high heat and spray with a little more oil.
Step 3 Add onion and carrot, stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add capsicum and beans and stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Add reserved noodles, chicken, tofu and combined sauces. Cook, tossing, for 1–2 minutes or until noodles are heated through and coated in sauce. Serve garnished with chopped peanuts.
Tamari is a dark, Japanese soy sauce that is usually wheat-free. Find it in the Asian aisle of your supermarket.
About this recipe
First published: October 2012