Carrot cupcakes with pineapple and raisins
Please log in to save or rate.
12 (makes 12)
Time to make:
35 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins)
$0.72 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 cups homemade gluten-free flour mix (see tip)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fresh nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons LSA or ground flaxseed/linseed
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups peeled, grated carrots
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple with natural juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Vanilla icing
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-fat dairy-free table spread, softened
- 1–2 tablespoons rice milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a standard 12-hole baking tin with paper cupcake cases.
Step 2 In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
Step 3 In a medium-sized bowl lightly whisk eggs. Add sugar and whisk while adding oil until mixture is lump-free. Fold in carrots, pineapple and raisins. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix well. Half fill paper cases and bake for 15–20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest in tin for at least 10 minutes.
Step 4 To make icing, mix icing sugar with spread until well combined. Add milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Ice each cupcake once they have cooled.
About this recipe
First published: October 2012