Banana apple bread with crystallised ginger
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
40 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins)
$0.76 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 1/4 cups homemade gluten-free flour mix (see tip)
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons LSA or ground flaxseed/linseed
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 overripe bananas
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crystallised ginger, finely chopped
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
Step 2 In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
Step 3 In a medium-sized bowl, mash bananas then add apple chunks. Add eggs, milk, and brown sugar. Mix well. Fold wet mixture into dry ingredients until they are evenly combined.
Step 4 Spoon mixture into prepared tin and sprinkle crystallised ginger over the top. Bake for 40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to rest in tin for 10 minutes.
About this recipe
First published: October 2012