Baked lemon and sesame chicken
Please log in to save or rate.
6 (4 dinners + 2 lunches)
Time to make:
1 hr 20 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 70 mins)
$2.85 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 600g sweet potato, peeled, chopped into thin rounds
- 2 cups (about 8) new potatoes, washed, cubed
- 5 carrots, peeled, cut into batons
- 2 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 600g lean chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 segments
- cooking oil spray
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat oven to 180°C. Layer sweet potato, potatoes and carrots in the base of a large ovenproof dish. Add peas and chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and squeeze juice of half of the lemon segments on top of the chicken. Add the remaining lemon segments to the dish.
Step 2 Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour, or until vegetables are tender-crisp and chicken is cooked through. Remove foil, spray with oil and return to oven for 10 minutes to brown a little.
Note: Nutrition information, time to make and costings apply to main dinner recipe only.
Leftovers to lunch: Chicken salad
4 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
2 cups mesclun salad mix
2 serves leftover Baked lemon and sesame chicken
Combine yoghurt, lemon zest and lemon juice to make a light dressing. Toss with salad mix and leftover chicken.
- Diabetes friendly, low kJ, high protein, low fat, high fibre, low sodium
- 1697kJ/406cal, 38.9g protein, 9.8g total fat, 2.2g sat fat, 38.5g carbs, 14.0g sugars, 10.7g fibre, 140mg sodium, 189mg calcium, 3.6mg iron
About this recipe
First published: October 2012