Amalfi baked fish
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins)
$5.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers in vinegar, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets (we used blue eye cod)
- 240g spiral pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 lemon wedges
- 8 cups mixed salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
step 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine tomatoes, olives, capers, thyme and olive oil in a bowl. Place fish onto baking tray and spoon tomato mixture over fish. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until fish is cooked and tomatoes soft (cooking time will vary according to thickness of fish).
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water until tender, adding peas in last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
Step 3 Serve fish with pasta and peas, lemon wedges and salad.
For another Mediterranean twist, replace pasta spirals with couscous and add some crumbled reduced-fat feta.
About this recipe
First published: October 2012