Veal with sage and sweet potato mash
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins)
$6.45 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 700g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 4 x 150g veal cutlets or forequarter chops, fat trimmed
- cooking oil spray
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free, reduced-fat table spread
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh sage leaves
- 6 cups steamed carrots, sugar snap peas and green beans, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook sweet potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain then add stock. Mash potato and stock until smooth.
Step 2 Place a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray veal cutlets with oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Add to pan. Cook for 3–4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Place onto a warm plate, cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Step 3 Add table spread to pan and heat until melted. Add sage and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Drizzle over veal. Serve with mash and steamed vegies.
About this recipe
First published: November 2012