Tandoori chicken and vegetable stir-fry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.26 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 500g chicken breast fillets, sliced into strips
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/3 cup chopped mint, plus extra, to serve
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups steamed basmati rice, to serve
- 1/3 cup mango chutney, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine tandoori paste and 2 tablespoons of the yoghurt in a large bowl. Add chicken and mushrooms. Stir to combine.
Step 2 Place a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil then add half the chicken mixture. Cook for 4–5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden and cooked. Transfer onto a plate and keep warm. Respray with oil and add remaining chicken mixture. Return all chicken mixture to pan and add peas. Heat through.
Step 3 Meanwhile, combine chopped mint and remaining yoghurt in a small bowl. Combine cucumber, onion and tomatoes in a medium bowl. Serve chicken with cucumber mixture, rice, chutney and minted yoghurt. Sprinkle with extra mint leaves.
About this recipe
First published: November 2012