Full ingredients list:
- 2 bunches spring onions (with bulbs), ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 slices day-old multigrain bread (crusts on)
- 4 x 97% fat-free semi-dried tomatoes
- 50g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Halve spring onions lengthwise. Place into an ovenproof non-stick frying pan. Pour stock over onions. Bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until very tender and stock has reduced.
Step 2 Meanwhile, process bread into coarse crumbs. Transfer into a bowl. Add tomatoes and feta and stir to combine. Set aside.
Step 3 Preheat an oven-grill to high. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over braised onions in pan. Grill for 2 minutes, or until crumbs are golden and crisp.
Try serving with roast chicken or lamb and steamed vegetables.
About this recipe
First published: November 2012