Chicken, mushroom and cranberry tart
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins (Hands-on time: 30 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins)
$2.65 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 cups white self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 cups chopped cooked skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 120g camembert or brie, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon skim milk, to brush
- 12 cups salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. To make dough, place flours and baking powder into a bowl. Add table spread and rub into flours until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in yoghurt and enough ice-cold water to form a soft dough. Knead lightly then roll out to form a large 30cm-diameter circle. Transfer dough round onto a large sheet of baking paper and place this onto a round baking tray.
Step 2 Leaving a 3cm edge, spread dough with cranberry sauce then chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and onion. Top with cheese.
Step 3 Fold edge over to filling to form a side. Brush with a little milk and place into oven. Cook for 15–20 minutes, or until dough and vegies are cooked and cheese has melted.
About this recipe
First published: November 2012