Feta and rice-stuffed vegies
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 hr (Hands-on time: 30 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins)
$5.63 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 250g packet brown rice
- cooking oil spray
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large tomato, pulp removed, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1/2 cup continental parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 4 medium red capsicums
- 8 cups green salad with balsamic dressing, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook rice according to packet instructions. Stand for 10 minutes.
Step 2 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and tomato. Cook for 3 minutes, or until tomato is soft. Transfer to a large bowl to cool. Add rice, pine nuts, currants, parsley and feta and toss until well combined.
Step 3 Cut tops off capsicums and set aside. Remove core, seeds and discard. Sit capsicums on tray and fill with rice mixture. Cover with capsicum tops and spray with oil. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until soft. Serve with salad.
Easy options for meat-eaters
- 425g can of flaked tuna
- 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken breast
- 400g cooked lamb mince
These are great for entertaining; you can easily make both vego and meat options.
About this recipe
First published: March 2012