Tomato and olive chicken with almond couscous
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$8.97 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 150g boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, seasoned with black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 1/4 cup instant couscous
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
- 4 tablespoons white wine (or water)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 dried apricot halves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Slice chicken breast in half horizontally. Flatten with a rolling pin and lightly coat with flour.
Step 2 Spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook chicken pieces for 3–4 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Remove from pan and keep warm. Place couscous in a bowl and add 1/3 cup boiling water. Cover to allow water to be absorbed.
Step 3 Spray pan with oil again and add tomatoes, capers, olives and wine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tomatoes break up. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Return chicken to pan and cook for a few more minutes, coating chicken with sauce.
Step 4 Fluff up couscous with a fork and stir through apricots and almonds. Garnish with parsley (if using) and season with cracked pepper. Serve with chicken.
About this recipe
First published: June 2012