Apple and boysenberry gluten-free bake
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
55 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 45 mins)
$0.85 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 125g reduced-fat table spread
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup gluten-free baking mix (see tip)
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 1/2 cups peeled cooked apple, cubed
- 1 cup raspberries or boysenberries, frozen or canned (if canned, drain)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 30cm x 21cm baking tin with oil.
Step 2 In a large bowl, beat table spread and sugar until light and creamy. Lightly beat in egg. Mix in remaining ingredients, except berries, until well combined.
Step 3 Fold through berries and pour into baking tin.
Step 4 Place in oven for 40–45 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Remove from oven and cool then slice. Dust with icing sugar before serving, if desired.
- You could try Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free baking mix or Well & Good gluten-free premium biscuit mix.
- Will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
About this recipe
First published: June 2012