Full ingredients list:
- oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 400g can chopped no-added-salt tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 3 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 300g pack fresh spinach and ricotta tortellini
- 400g can no-added-salt kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- fresh basil leaves, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place a large non-stick saucepan over medium-high heat and spray with oil. Cook garlic with chopped vegetables (except tomatoes) for 5 minutes, or until softened.
Step 2 Add tomatoes, herbs, stock and 2–3 cups water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 3 Add tortellini, beans and chickpeas. Cook for 5 minutes to heat through. Top with basil and serve immediately with a little fresh parmesan.
For meat eaters, replace the spinach and ricotta tortellini with a chicken tortellini.
This recipe is not suitable for those following a no-added-salt diet.
About this recipe
First published: July 2012