Full ingredients list:
- 4 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 small scoops low-fat ice-cream, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place apple, sultanas, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water into a saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to the boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until apple is tender. Transfer into a 5 cup-capacity baking dish.
Step 2 Place flour and oats into a bowl. Rub spread into mixture, then add remaining sugar and cinnamon. Stir until combined. Sprinkle over apples and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden. Serve with low-fat ice-cream.
About this recipe
First published: July 2012