Full ingredients list:
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 400g lean pork fillet, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 4 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups edamame, shelled (thawed, if frozen)
- 150g cooked, peeled prawns
- 1/4 cup black bean sauce
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place noodles into a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Lightly spray pork and garlic with oil and add to pan. Sear pork for 1 minute.
Step 3 Add onion, carrot, cabbage and edamame to pan and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Step 4 Add prawns and cook for 2 minutes, or until warmed through. Add black bean sauce and stir until heated through.
Step 5 Drain noodles. Divide noodles between serving bowls and top with pork and prawn stir-fry.
- Replace the black bean sauce with a mixture of reduced-salt soy sauce and grated ginger.
- If you can’t find edamame, use snow peas or broccoli florets.
About this recipe
First published: January 2012