Grilled fish burgers with caper salsa
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.95 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 600g kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- cooking oil spray
- 2 red capsicums, thickly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 600g firm white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium wholemeal rolls, halved horizontally
- 80g mesclun salad mix
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Steam potatoes until just tender (about 10 minutes). Drain and cool slightly. Halve or quarter potatoes and set aside.
Step 2 Heat barbecue (or chargrill pan) to medium-high then spray with oil. Cook potatoes, capsicum and onion until golden and tender. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Drizzle with half the lemon juice and scatter with 1/2 cup parsley. Finely chop remaining parsley.
Step 3 Cook fish on barbecue hot plate for 5–6 minutes (depending on thickness) until cooked through. Meanwhile, combine basil, capers, mustard, oil, chopped parsley and remaining lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
Step 4 To assemble burgers, layer roll bases with salad mix, fish and caper salsa. Serve with potato and capsicum salad.
Keep an eye on the barbie. The Cancer Council warns against consuming overcooked or burnt meat as research suggests a possible link to some types of cancer.
About this recipe
First published: January 2012