Lemony pasta with poached eggs
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.36 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 320g spaghettini
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
- 4 eggs
- 1 large bunch rocket, trimmed, leaves shredded
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook spaghettini according to packet instructions, adding broccolini for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
Step 2 Meanwhile, bring 5cm water to a rapid boil in a large frying pan, turn off heat and carefully break eggs directly into the water (it’s important to break the eggs at the water’s surface). Cover pan with a tight-fitting lid and leave eggs to cook undisturbed for 3 minutes, or until eggs are opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Trim edges.
Step 3 Add rocket, almonds, oil, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to pasta. Toss to combine and season with black pepper. Divide pasta between bowls and top each with a poached egg.
- Swap the eggs for 400g grilled and sliced chicken breast.
- Boost your antioxidant intake by adding baby spinach and swap the almonds for walnuts.
About this recipe
First published: February 2012