Soy and ginger beef with noodle salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, plus 4 hrs marinating
$4.39 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 x 125g lean rump steaks, fat trimmed
- Noodle salad
- 2 x 150g packets ramen noodles
- 1/2 large iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, shredded
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, lime zest and juice in a shallow ceramic dish. Add steaks and turn to coat. Cover, then refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate steaks.
Step 2 For the noodle salad, cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well and transfer into a large bowl. Set aside to cool. Add lettuce, radish, snow peas and carrots. Toss to combine. Whisk soy sauce, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss.
Step 3 Drain steak and pat dry with a paper towel. Heat a chargrill or barbecue plate to medium-high. Once hot, add steak and cook for 2 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate to rest for a few minutes. Slice steaks then serve slices on top of noodle salad.
Make it vegetarian: Replace the beef with tofu. Marinate and cook the tofu as per recipe.
Taste the difference! This dish uses fresh summer snow peas and lettuce.
About this recipe
First published: December 2012