Barbecued chicken with avocado and tomato salsa
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.96 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2 green shallots, diagonally sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 sweet corn cobs, husk and silk removed, wrapped in foil
- 4 x 125g chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed
- cooking oil spray
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 To make salsa, place avocado, shallots, tomatoes, coriander, lime zest and juice and oil into a small bowl. Toss to combine, then set aside in the fridge.
Step 2 Preheat a barbecue flat plate and grill to medium-high. Add corn to flat plate and cook, turning occasionally, for 15–20 minutes, or until cooked. While corn is cooking, spray chicken with oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Place chicken onto barbecue grill and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 4 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
Step 3 Divide chicken, corn and mixed salad leaves between four serving plates. Spoon salsa over the chicken and serve.
- Mix it up and add some corn kernels to the salsa, instead of serving cobs.
- Try using salmon fillets instead of chicken breast.
Taste the difference! This dish uses fresh summer sweet corn, tomatoes and avocado.
About this recipe
First published: December 2012