Full ingredients list:
- 100g chicken mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 3 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg (about 1/2 egg)
- freshly ground black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tablespoons tomato salsa
- 1 medium potato, peeled, chopped, steamed and mashed with 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 cups garden salad
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine chicken mince, garlic, breadcrumbs, zucchini, carrot, chives and egg in a medium-size bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Form into 4 small rissoles, or 2 larger rissoles.
Step 2 Spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add rissoles and cook for 5–6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Step 3 Serve with tomato salsa, mash and a green salad.
Try making the rissoles using lean beef or lamb mince. Replace the chives with chopped sage or rosemary, or dried Italian herbs.
About this recipe
First published: April 2012