Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream
- 3 cups couscous, cooked
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a heavy-based pot lightly with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Fry onion and carrots, until softened. Add lentils and stock, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 2 Add all the remaining ingredients, except sour cream and couscous. Stir well and simmer for 15 minutes, until lentils are warmed through.
Step 3 Serve with sour cream and couscous.
About this recipe
First published: April 2012