Salmon and mushroom pie
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins)
$5.08 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 cups (about 260g) sliced mushrooms
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, diced, steamed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 x 210g cans no-added-salt pink salmon, drained, broken into chunks
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 400g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 4 sheets filo, thawed, halved
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 210°C. Spray a large ovenproof dish with oil and set aside. Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook mushrooms for 3–4 minutes. Add onion, potatoes and thyme; cook for 2–3 more minutes, until softened.
Step 2 Add salmon, spinach, ricotta and stock. Cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes, until warmed through and spinach has wilted. Spoon into prepared dish.
Step 3 Cover pie filling with filo, scrunching sheets to fit dish. Spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes, until pastry is golden.
- Swap the salmon for tuna or 400g chopped chicken breast.
- Boost the vegie content by adding frozen veg in step 2.
About this recipe
First published: September 2011