Pita bread pizza with chicken and grilled vegies
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
$5.34 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 small zucchinis, cut into ribbons
- 8 Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 4 low-fat pita breads
- 8 tablespoons tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat grated mozzarella or pizza cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 200g shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- 4 cups rocket salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Preheat a chargrill or grill to medium-high heat. Cook zucchini, mushrooms and capsicum, turning, for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a plate.
Step 2 Place pitas onto a large lined baking tray. Spread sauce over pitas and sprinkle equally with 2/3 cup cheese. Top with grilled vegetables, tomatoes, chicken and remaining cheese. Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until bases are crisp. Sprinkle with basil and serve with rocket salad.
- Use any vegies you have on hand or leftover roast vegetables.
- Replace the final 1/3 cup mozzarella with low-fat feta, ricotta or bocconcini.
About this recipe
First published: September 2011