Herb and mustard chicken
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins (Hands-on time: 5 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins)
$3.88 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 1–2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or tarragon
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 500g baby potatoes
- 250g green beans
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
tep 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Mix crème fraiche, mustard, garlic, stock and thyme in a bowl. Set aside. Spray a frying pan with oil and place over high heat.
Step 2 Pan-fry chicken for 2–3 minutes until golden. Transfer to a baking dish, pour over mustard sauce and toss evenly to coat. Bake for 20–25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
Step 3 Meanwhile, steam potatoes for 10–15 minutes, until tender. Add beans in the last 5 minutes of steaming.
Step 4 Add potatoes and beans to chicken for the last 5 minutes of cooking and toss to coat.
- Swap the potatoes for polenta or brown rice.
- If you can’t find crème fraiche, use light sour cream.
About this recipe
First published: September 2011