Chickpea and rocket penne
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.03 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 350g penne
- 100g rocket or baby spinach
- 80g shaved parmesan
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine chickpeas and pasta sauce in a large saucepan and place over low heat. Simmer gently until warmed (about 8–10 minutes).
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook penne according to packet instructions. Drain well.
Step 3 Add cooked pasta to sauce mixture and toss to coat. Stir through rocket and season with black pepper. Add parmesan and basil and toss gently to combine before serving.
- You can use any kind of legume in this recipe, like kidney beans or brown lentils.
- Swap the basil for parsley or oregano.
About this recipe
First published: September 2011