Full ingredients list:
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 375ml can coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 200g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 200g green beans or snow peas, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g egg noodles
- fresh coriander, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place a wok or large saucepan over high heat. Once warmed, add curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add evaporated milk, stock, 1 cup water and chicken. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Add mushrooms, beans and tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 3 While soup simmers, cook noodles according to packet instructions. Drain. Divide noodles between serving bowls. Ladle soup over noodles and garnish with coriander before serving.
For a thicker soup, combine a little of the soup broth with 1 tablespoon cornflour to make a paste. Add back to soup and stir until thickened.
About this recipe
First published: October 2011