Full ingredients list:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
- cooking oil spray
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, cut into 3cm lengths, plus extra to garnish
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 lemon, zested
- 350g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- 250g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 3 cups steamed rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place lemon juice, stock, honey, Chinese rice wine and cornflour mixture into a small jug and stir to combine. Set aside.
Step 2 Spray a wok or large frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Stir-fry chicken in batches for 2–3 minutes, until golden. Remove and set aside.
Step 3 Spray wok with a little more oil. Add onion, ginger and lemon zest; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add broccoli and snow peas and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return chicken to wok, along with honey mixture. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute, or until slightly thickened. Garnish with onions and serve with rice.
About this recipe
First published: October 2011