Full ingredients list:
- 2 slices gluten-free multigrain bread
- 300g gluten-free firm tofu, mashed
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free plain flour
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- handful fresh basil, torn
- cooking oil spray
- 3 cups cooked gluten-free pasta
- 2 cups gluten-free pasta sauce or passata, warmed
- mixed green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place bread into a food processor and pulse to create breadcrumbs.
Step 2 In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs, tofu, onion, garlic, almond meal, flour, parsley, soy sauce and basil. Mix well, then shape into 16–20 balls.
Step 3 Spray a baking dish with oil and add tofu balls. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn over and bake for 15 more minutes.
Step 4 Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions. Combine meatballs and cooked pasta with sauce. Serve with salad.
About this recipe
First published: October 2011