Salmon and potato frittata
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.21 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes (250g total), cut into 1cm cubes
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 100g reduced-fat feta, cubed
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 415g can salmon in spring water, drained
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 6 cups salad
- 6 slices gluten-free toast
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat grill. Spray a large ovenproof frying pan with oil and gently cook leek and potato for 5–8 minutes, until soft.
Step 2 Lightly whisk together eggs and milk in a large bowl. Add dill, feta, capsicum, salmon and spinach. Season with pepper to taste. Gently pour egg mixture over potatoes and leeks in pan.
Step 3 Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until nearly set.
Step 4 Place frying pan under grill until golden and fully set.
Step 5 Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges. Serve with salad and gluten-free toast.
- Swap the salmon for shredded, cooked chicken or pork. Replace the potato with sweet potato to lower the total GI. Add chopped fresh basil or oregano in step 2.
- Add any vegies you have on hand, fresh or frozen.
About this recipe
First published: November 2011