Beef and black bean stir-fry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.82 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g beef sirloin, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 400g shelf-fresh egg noodles
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded, sliced
- 300g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 125g baby corn, halved
- 1 bunch snake beans, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tinned black beans
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine beef, ginger, garlic and onion in a bowl and marinate for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to packet instructions. Set aside and keep warm.
Step 3 Lightly steam capsicum, sugar snap peas, corn and snake beans until just tender. Keep warm.
Step 4 Meanwhile, combine stock, black beans and soy sauce in a small bowl.
Step 5 Place a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Add oil and beef mixture. Stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, until cooked through. Add black bean mixture and vegies to pan. Toss to combine and heat through. Serve with noodles.
About this recipe
First published: November 2011