Steak with creamy mustard sauce and vegies
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 25-30 mins
$3.99 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 600g chat potatoes, halved
- 2 x 250g scotch fillet steaks, halved horizontally
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup reduced-salt beef stock
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 cups steamed green vegies
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Steam potatoes for 6-10 minutes, until tender. Transfer to a baking tray, spray with oil and season. Roast for 20 minutes, until crisp.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook steaks for 1-2 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside and cover loosely with foil.
Step 3 Return pan to medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add stock, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and parsley. Drizzle over steak and serve with vegies.
Swap the chats for sweet potato and sprinkle with chopped rosemary before roasting. Replace steak with lamb or pork.
About this recipe
First published: May 2011