Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 5-10 mins
$3.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup Philadelphia Light Cream For Cooking
- 200g tub low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 8 sponge finger biscuits (savoiardi biscuits)
- 30g white chocolate
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries or strawberries, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine sugar and 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan. Cook, stirring, over low heat, until sugar dissolves. Add frozen raspberries and cook for 3-4 minutes until warm, and syrup is dark pink. Place into a bowl and refrigerate until cool (about 30 minutes).
Step 2 Place cooking cream and yoghurt into a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined.
Step 3 Break each sponge finger into 3 pieces. Dip half the pieces into the raspberry syrup and divide between 4 serving glasses. Top the sponge fingers with half the warmed berries and half the cream mixture. Repeat process with remaining sponge fingers, warm berries and cream mixture.
Step 4 Just before serving, use a vegetable peeler to 'peel' chocolate into curls. Top the cream mixture with chocolate curls and fresh berries.
Serve as part of this special three-course Mother's Day lunch
Entrée: Cauliflower soup
Side: Steamed broccoli with pine nuts and currants
Main: Chicken cacciatore
2 hours before lunch
- Berry-misu: Prepare raspberry syrup and refrigerate. Beat together the cream and yoghurt. Store in the fridge.
- Cauliflower soup: Make soup and leave in saucepan, ready to reheat.
- Chicken cacciatore: Prepare main while soup is cooking. Leave in saucepan and reheat just before serving.
30 minutes before lunch
- Berry-misu: When the raspberry syrup is cool, prepare Berry-misu, minus the garnish, and store in the fridge.
- Steamed broccoli with pine nuts and currants: prepare side dish. Set aside and keep warm.
- Prepare the pasta for the Chicken cacciatore.
When ready to serve
- Reheat soup. Garnish with paprika and parsley before serving.
- Have the Chicken cacciatore simmering.
- Take the Berry-misu out of the fridge and sprinkle with chocolate curls and fresh berries.
About this recipe
First published: May 2011