Vegie-packed brown rice salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 20 mins
$1.33 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 100g snow peas, halved,
- 150g broad beans, thawed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 green apple, cored, sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 tablespoons apple juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook rice according to packet instructions. Drain. Cool.
Step 2 Meanwhile, blanch snow peas in boiling water for 1 minute, then plunge into a bowl of cold water. Drain and set aside.
Step 3 Place broad beans into a microwave-proof bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Drain, cool and remove shells.
Step 4 Combine vegies, fruit and walnuts with cooled rice.
Step 5 Whisk together garlic, juice and oil. Pour over salad and toss to combine.
About this recipe
First published: March 2011