Stir-fried honey beef with Asian greens
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 15 mins
$5.47 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- cooking oil spray
- 1 white onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, cut into 5cm lengths, including stems
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, trimmed, leaves separated
- 4 cups cooked rice noodles, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 In a shallow bowl, toss steak in spice to lightly coat. In a separate bowl, combine rice wine, soy sauce and honey. Spray a large wok with oil and place over high heat. Stir-fry steak, in batches, for 2 minutes, or until browned. Remove from wok and set aside to rest.
Step 2 Return wok to high heat and spray with a little more oil. Add onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add Chinese broccoli stems and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add Chinese broccoli leaves, capsicum, baby bok choy and 2 tablespoons water. Stir-fry for a further 3–4 minutes, until vegetables are tender-crisp.
Step 3 Return beef to wok and add honey mixture. Toss until well combined. Serve immediately with noodles.
About this recipe
First published: March 2011