Speedy spicy fish with garlic bread
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
21 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 4-6 mins
$5.88 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 150g white fish fillets (such as ling)
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 thick slice wholegrain bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, halved
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 cups salad
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a medium frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of fish with chilli flakes (see variations). Cook for 2–3 minutes per side, until lightly golden and just cooked through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
Step 2 Toast bread. Rub with garlic halves and drizzle with 1 teaspoon avocado oil. Top with salad and fish. Drizzle with the remaining avocado oil. Season with ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Swap the fish for chicken (just be sure to increase the cooking time).
- If you’re not a fan of chilli, sprinkle fish with lemon pepper.
- Use flavoured olive oil instead of avocado oil.
- Make this meal gluten-free by using gluten-free bread.
About this recipe
First published: March 2011