Chargrilled beef and orange salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 4-5 mins
$4.39 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 500g beef schnitzel, cut into strips
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 small mixed grain bread rolls
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 In a bowl, combine garlic, sauces, zest and beef. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate for 15–20 minutes.
Step 2 In a large bowl, toss together salad and vegetables.
Step 3 Heat a barbecue or chargrill plate to high. Brush oil on beef. Cook beef for 4–5 minutes, slowly adding 1/4 of the marinade as beef cooks. When cooked through, serve on salad and drizzle with orange juice. Serve with rolls.
Stir through 1 cup cooked couscous or pearl barley. Add other vegies like capsicum, celery or roasted pumpkin.
About this recipe
First published: March 2011