Barbecued haloumi and vegetable kebabs
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 5-10 mins
$3.81 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 16 button mushrooms
- 100g haloumi, cubed
- 2 capsicums (any colour), seeded, chopped into 8 chunks
- 2 small zucchinis, cut into 2cm rounds
- cooking oil spray
- 250g couscous
- 4 tablespoons low-fat tzatziki
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat barbecue or chargrill pan to high. Thread mushrooms, haloumi, capsicum and zucchini onto 8 skewers, alternating as you go. Spray skewers with oil. Grill for 5–10 minutes, turning, until cooked.
Step 2 Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to packet instructions.
Step 3 Serve kebabs with couscous and drizzle with tzatziki.
- Add cubes of chicken or firm tofu and pineapple pieces to skewers. Replace the spray oil with flavoured olive oil or kecap manis.
- Make it gluten free: Substitute couscous for brown rice or quinoa.
About this recipe
First published: March 2011