Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 hr 5 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 45 mins)
$1.04 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1/2 cup dairy-free table spread, melted, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups peeled, grated sweet potato
- 1 onion, peeled, grated
- 1 cup peeled, grated carrot
- 1 cup peeled, grated zucchini
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs or chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly spray a 16cm x 26cm slice tin with oil.
Step 2 Squeeze excess moisture from vegies. Thoroughly combine all ingredients in a bowl. Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Cover with a layer of baking paper and then a layer of foil.
Step 3 Bake for 45 minutes, removing the baking paper and foil after 30 minutes. The slice should be firm and golden.
Recipe adapted from Bridging Foods by Sally Scott and Nicole Sjardin, published by Fremantle Press.
Serve with a green salad or vegies for lunch or a light dinner.
About this recipe
First published: June 2011